A UNIQUE MINISTRY: MORE THAN JUST FOOD
You can give to Feed The Hungry here.
FEED THE HUNGRY: A full life feels good!
Feed The Hungry believes that Christians have a biblical responsibility to respond to the injustice of world hunger with actions of compassion that glorifies God and affirms his love for a hurting and lost world.
Feed The Hungry provides nutritional security to some of the most vulnerable children in the world. Here are some stats about the ministry:
- Has food logistics experts who are able to get into the hardest-to-reach places.
- Works with church partners on the ground to feed 171,485 children a day with hot,nutritious (yet low-cost) meals in 19 countries.
- Has delivered more than 98 million kg of food and aid worth more than AUD$359million to hungry, hurting people in 92 nations.
- Feed The Hungry is more than food, they focus on feeding children in partnership with churches and pastors on the ground who will also share the Gospel.
- Have very low overheads with $0.82 of every dollar going directly to the ministry work/programs to feed the hungry around the world.
- The guarantee of a daily meal gives these boys and girls a chance to get a primary education and gives them hope for a better, brighter future. And since these meals are delivered through local church partners, the children also receive spiritual nourishment to help them grow in Christ.
FEEDING A CHILD FOR ONLY $6 A MONTH
How is it even possible?
Feed The Hungry have partners who help to fund the food, and sometimes it’s just the transportation to get it to the right place. Your gift goes towards the food itself and also the logistics to get it there. Most of the time we have the food ready for hungry children, and them ready to receive it, and together we just need to bridge the gap and get it to them!
What’s in the rice meal?
Although rice on its own contains carbohydrates and some vitamins. It fills your belly, but there are not may additional benefits for growing bodies, it is essentially empty calories. This is why we work with nutritionists to create a meal that can help sustain and grow young bodies.
A gift of $6 provides emergency rice meals that contain essential vitamins and minerals for growing bodies. Specifically, these nutrition rich meals contain:
- Iron & Copper: for red blood cells,oxygen
- Vitamin A: to assist sight
- Vitamin B6: for the skin
- Vitamin C: wound healing
- Vitamin D: calcium & magnesium, for bones and teeth
- Vitamin B12: biotin & fats, for energy storage and production
- Niacin: nerve cells
- Zinc: boost protein production and immunity
- Soy: protein
- Rice: carbohydrates
Will the rice meals go directly to Uganda?
Feed The Hungry feed children in over 19 countries providing relief and aid to people caught in natural disaster, war and endemic poverty, but your gift today will go towards feeding hungry children in Uganda.
FOOD AND EDUCATION
BREAKING THE CYCLE OF POVERTY
Poverty is complex, but in its simplest form an increase in family income brings change. One of the most effective ways to influence this change, is through education.
Even the most basic skills of reading, writing and arithmetic can provide opportunity that would otherwise not exist. Not only does it provide skills for better paid jobs in the future – whether that’s a doctorate or basic business skills – it also reduces the risk of exploitation of these vulnerable children. Skills learned are then passed on to other family members and impacts future generations.
Feed The Hungry are working with local schools to encourage school attendance by providing daily meals. And it’s working. For some of them, this is the only meal they eat that day.
FOOD: IN HIS NAME
Feed The Hungry are dedicated to feeding the poor and hungry around the world, empowering the church worldwide,and sharing the hope that comes through Jesus Christ.
The guarantee of a daily meal gives these boys and girls a chance to get a primary education, giving them hope for a better, brighter future. And since these meals are delivered through local church partners, the children also receive spiritual nourishment to help them grow in Christ.
Feed The Hungry feeds the body, soul and spirit. Feed The Hungry believe that it must start with feeding the body. We believe that hungry bellies have no ears,which is to say, we can’t expect someone to hear the Good News of Christ while they are starving. We want to show the love and compassion of the Gospel so they can truly understand the message of Christ.
A FULL LIFE
A full life feels good. And because of that, it’s so satisfying to know that when you give to Feed The Hungry, you’re doing more than just giving food. Through nourishing meals, an education for their future, and the opportunity to know Jesus, you’re giving thousands of the world’s hungriest children the chance to live a full life.
And that feels good…